Unleash your inner DIY-ness!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Polka-dot Camera Strap


I gave a make-over to my boring black & yellow "NIKON" camera strap. Why the hell not?? Best thing I've ever done. For cereal. Because now when I take pictures I look really trendy. And it is so cute, I love the polka-dot fabric used. Only set-back is that my husband claimed I should have asked him beforehand, as it's not just my camera but our camera, and that he does not need to "look cute" when he's taking pictures. So bite me! Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness rather than for permission ;)

This is a no-tutorial-needed project. Super easy! Just measure the length & width of your camera strap (the part in between the leather pieces). Mine was basically a really long rectangle. Then cut your fabric leaving enough space for the hem, at least one inch on all 4 sides. Use the excess fabric to fold the seam inwards twice. Pin in place, then top-stitch using a sewing machine. It's pretty much intuitive. You like?




No comments:

Post a Comment