Unleash your inner DIY-ness!

Friday, February 22, 2013

Gift ideas for men, anyone?

I often complain that buying a gift for a man is much more difficult than it is for a woman. And I don't think that that's just because I am a woman, either. Most of the gift material out there in this world is suitable for women only. Shopping for a girlfriend or female relative is so much simpler even that trying to conceive a gift for my own husband, who is my very own soul mate! Let's not even speak about presents for my dad, or for other male relatives! Eeghhh ...Now I try to take secret notes whenever my dad or husband give a clue as to something they like.

So anyway to get to the point, when I first started sewing I was so eager to share my new-found giddiness with other people, that I conceived everything I made in terms of "she'll love this" or "she'll LOVE that". But I didn't know how to share it with Ben. Stumbling accross this project (from "Zakka Style") , upon further reflection I realized it could easi-ish-ly become a "male gadget". I mean, yes, it's a pouch, but a tweed one! Tweed, with it's rough and unfinished look, gives off a casually indie and hipster vibe, which totally reflects both my dad's and Ben's personal tastes in a way! (They are gonna think it's funny I think they have something in common such as style!) So I made one for each of them, for Christmas.








No comments:

Post a Comment