Unleash your inner DIY-ness!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hand-warmers, SQUEE! So cute

Where I live, in Phoenix, Arizona, we don't have what my husband calls a "real winter" (he's from the Mid-West). Instead, we have 1-2 months of chilly weather. But even these 2 months are not really consistently chilly. Let me explain: one day I'll be sun-bathing in my back-yard with my bikini on, and the next I'm wearing a winter coat. It's pretty schitz-ey!

Either way I made these cute "happy couple hand-warmers" for those cold evenings when you just have to get out in the dark and take the dog for a walk. They contain little pockets that are filled with rice. You pop them in the microwave for a minute before heading out.







I loved how they turned out! Just the sight of them makes me feel so cozy inside! And I think they make for really good presents. The embroidery takes a while, but that's my favorite part of the project so I don't mind!

The project is from "Zakka Style"

2 comments: