Unleash your inner DIY-ness!

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pop-art clutch

For most of my adult years, I have been a total organizational freak. Think Sheldon in the episode of The Big Bang Theory when he organizes his friend's closet..that's me in real life! I believe everything should have a place to call its home. I think that might be why I really enjoy making things that can contain other things...like bags!

I found this tutorial that got me REALLY excited because it reminded me that there really are a lot of possibilities with transfer paper. You can basically put any image you like on anything! WOW.




I made my clutch out of white vinyl. The tutorial is quite simple, so if you know what you're doing with that sewing machine you can add a few more sophisticated features, such as sewing the lining (instead of glueing it), and a cell-phone pocket like I did, etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment