Unleash your inner DIY-ness!

Friday, February 22, 2013

Pillows enrich our lives!

Here is the second ever pillow project I embarked on. Of course, when you start with a sprocket pillow, everything else is downhill from there, right? I added a zipper to them, like I do for every pillow I make, because I can't stand the idea of never washing a pillow case. Gross!

To learn how to sew a zipper I used this tutorial from Prudent Baby, which was very helpful and easy to understand! It shows how to make any square/rectangular pillow case with a zipper. 

Here they are, all 5 of them in their glory! I got these beautiful fabrics at Joann. One day I went there for some supplies only to find out they were closing that store (the closest one to my house, great). So most of the inventory was on sale, and all of the home/upholstery fabric sample squares were sold at 50c !!!!! I went crazy right then and there. I bought at least 20. Because you never know! I used a solid color for the back.







2 comments:

  1. Love your enthusiasm for sewing as a creative expression, and the colorful pillows look fab on your vivid blue sofa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianne!
      Can you tell I love bright colors? ;)

      Delete